Scholarship organization continues to thrive in the South Windsor (CT) community!

 

In September 1958, a group of six individuals from South Windsor met intent upon seeking out funding to provide scholarships for town students pursuing post-secondary educational opportunities.  The initial organization was named the South Windsor College Scholarship Organization.  Reorganized in 1964, South Windsor College Scholarship Organization chose a Board of Directors and elected a slate of four officers to lead the group as a steady scholarship provider in South Windsor for ten years.  In April of 1974, South Windsor College Scholarship Organization's Board of Directors unanimously voted to become the Citizens Scholarship Foundation of South Windsor.  They were impressed by what they referred to as a "new, comprehensive, fair and non-discriminatory" scholarship selection process.  The growth and development of the size and variety of scholarship offerings to the students in the organization's service area remains impressive.  In 2009, the Citizens Scholarship Foundation of South Windsor Executive Board Officers once again voted to change its name to reflect its dynamic relationship with the Dollars for Scholars program of Scholarship America.  We are THE South Windsor Dollars for Scholars INC!